Education

OPEN_Figure_3-Grass.jpg

Protecting the Barefoot Horse’s Feet

Two studies from Western Kentucky University explore how hoof boots help barefoot horses
Although some would argue that going barefoot is more natural for the horse in the long run, the fact remains that barefoot horses still face many of the same health concerns that shod horses do — and perhaps are at greater risk for developing complications from walking on man-made or rough terrains. Yet when a client insists that their horse is better off barefoot, what can a farrier do?
Read More
Web-Exclusive Feature

In Conversation With Arnie Gervasio

Tips, Stories And More From A Seasoned Farrier
Arnie Gervasio has been shoeing horses since the 1960s. Over those years, he has seen trends come and go, has worked in multiple disciplines and has built a successful multi-farrier practice. Learn more about his experiences by reading this transcript of "An Interview With Arnie Gervasio."
Read More

More On What I Wished I’d Learned At Farrier School…

My “Frankly Speaking” column in the July/August 2018 issue of American Farriers Journal featured the results of a survey dealing with what farriers wished they had been able to learn more about while attending farrier school. The article summarizes the educational ideas they felt would have better prepared them for careers as farriers.
Read More
Lee_Liles_2-2.jpg

Remembering Lee Liles

Members of the farrier community reflect on Lee Liles’ dedication, knowledge and friendship
Renowned farrier and member of the Horseshoeing Hall Of Fame Lee Liles passed away May 11, 2018, at the age of 68. He was well-known in the industry for founding and curating the National Museum of Horse Shoeing Tools, which he started as a private collection and expanded into a source of knowledge for the entire farrier community.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings