Education

Hoof Nutrition Intelligence

How should horses that are on pasture 24-7 be initiated to spring grasses?

Our recommendations include a slow initiation to spring pasture and not waiting to start grazing until the grasses are 6-8 inches tall. This assumes you are in a northern location with distinct growing seasons, including a winter that results in the reliance on hay. Hoof Nutrition Intelligence is brought to you by the International Hoof-Care Summit.
Read More
Ray-Nager-1_BW.jpg

Racetrack Farrier Shares His Career Lessons

A commitment for forging horseshoes 6 days a week helped position Ray Nager for success
Although I’m still in good health at 78 years of age, I wouldn’t like to go back to earning a living shoeing horses, as it can be a back-breaking job. 
It can also be a dangerous job as I’ve suffered many a broken bone at the hands of a fractious horse or a careless horse handler. I’ve been stomped on, bit, run over and kicked with both barrels out through the side of a corner stall. Like many farriers, my list of nasty accidents is quite lengthy.
Read More

[Video] Tool Tips: Improve Your Efficiency with Calipers

Farriers have a variety of measurement tools that can serve as a guide, whether they're at a barn earning a living or a competition honing their shoemaking skills. Fairhope, Ala., farrier and American Farriers Team captain Daniel Jones, CJF, discusses a couple of key things you can do with calipers to improve your efficiency at the anvil and accuracy when making nail holes.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings