Equipment

Product Innovation

Driving Nails with a New Twist

Interchangeable screw-in heads make Montana inventor’s driving hammers more versatile
It probably seems difficult to come up with a new twist on a driving hammer, but Gray Mapston has done just that — literally.
Read More
35products_floor.jpg
Product Innovation

A Look at 35 Years of New and Better Hoof-Care Products

Survey indicates farriers, other hoof-care professionals have benefited from quality, quantity and diversity of offerings
On the road to putting together our list of the 35 Biggest Hoof-Care Product Improvements, we discovered several things; first of all, that it would be easy to put together a list of more than 35 products — but not quite so easy to mention 35 by brand name.
Read More
bigstockphoto_Farrier_Grinding_Horseshoe_6773780.jpg
Product Knowledge

Putting Power into Your Work

A Hall Of Fame farrier pulls from his experiences to offer advice on using power tools in shoeing
One of the things I like best about being a farrier is the independence I have in making decisions about how I do my work.
Read More

Beat The Buzz

Commercial sprays have their place, but also limitations, so farriers have found ways to provide relief from biting insects for themselves and their horses.
Read More
nippers01.jpg

Get The Most Out of Your Nippers

Several farriers and tool experts weigh in on how to best care for and maintain this tool
Very few topics have the potential to stir up a hornet's nest like hoof-trim theories. Among these, you'll find approaches that have years of use, while other theories have emerged in recent years, stressing different landmarks or stress points as the purpose of the method.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings