Business Practices

Open-Final-Say-0718.jpg
Final Say

The Grass Is Always Greener

Many farriers aspire to show the top level of sport horses and dream about shoeing in Wellington, Fla. Be careful what you wish for. There is a lot of stress that comes with this world.
Read More
HOTA_0718.png

Shop Talk: July/August 2018

INDUSTRY NEWS The American Farrier’s Association (AFA) recently announced that Dechra Veterinary Products, creator of Osphos clodronate injection, has renewed its sponsorship for a second year for a series of five free regional hoof-care clinics.
Read More
Farrier_Week_logo_4c_2018.png

Thank You, Farriers

This year marks the 20th annual Farriers Week, a time we set aside to celebrate the farriers who have made a difference. We’ve received dozens of thoughtful tributes, and would like to share some of them with you here.
Read More
Dean_Moshier_photo.jpg

Help Your Backyard Horse Practice Thrive With These Business Tips

Farriers share their insights on establishing a successful clientele
Backyard horses comprise a significant portion of some farriers’ businesses and can be a very successful and profitable part if handled correctly. Prince Frederick, Md., farrier Patrick Quinn didn’t aspire to provide hoof care for backyard horses, but this is often the bread and butter of a farrier’s operation.
Read More

More On What I Wished I’d Learned At Farrier School…

My “Frankly Speaking” column in the July/August 2018 issue of American Farriers Journal featured the results of a survey dealing with what farriers wished they had been able to learn more about while attending farrier school. The article summarizes the educational ideas they felt would have better prepared them for careers as farriers.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings