Education

Research Journal

Few studies have examined the effectiveness of intensive handling of newborn foals (imprint training) as a means of producing calmer, easier to handle horses. An experimental field trial compared the behavioral responses and selected physiologic parameters of foals intensively handed within the first week of life with controls.
Read More
Online With the Farriers’ Forum

Flex-Step Rubber Draft Shoes

This summer, I’m going to outfit a carriage company in a town that requires rubber shoes. Apparently, the town fathers got tired of Borium tearing up the streets.
Read More
Book Notes

A Handy “How-To” For Hoof Health

THOUGH CO-WRITTEN by three extremely knowledgeable experts in equine podiatry, it is the full-color photography on nearly every page of this book that immediately grabs the reader.
Read More
Shop Talk

How Farriers Work With Others

IN A SURVEY on how shoers work with equine veterinarians conducted by American Farriers Journal staffers during last winter’s 2003 American Farrier’s Association convention, 53 percent of the farriers indicated certain vets call for help on a serious shoeing or footcare problem.
Read More

Research Journal

The information, ideas and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the United States Department of Agriculture.
Read More

Online With The Farrier's Forum

Years ago I worked for an outfit that was a horse-drawn theatre company. They bred their own Clydesdales for lots of road work and all we used were the Flex-Step shoes. I took over the shoeing duties from two friends of mine who had worked out most of the bugs with using Flex-Steps.
Read More

Vets Gain Fame

Three new members have been inducted into the International Equine Veterinarians Hall Of Fame
When it comes to expertise in equine hoof care, the newest inductees into the International Equine Veterinarian Hall Of Fame don’t take a backseat to anyone.
Read More

Farriers' Roundtable

If clips are too thin, they can break off or bend. When clips are too low, they aren’t of any benefit if used with a pad and may not be much of a benefit even without a pad.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings