Business Practices

News & Notes

Congressional Members Urge Action From USDA

Letter calls for final rule to apply only to 3 breeds associated with soring
As the public comment period for the proposed amendments to the Horse Protection Act came to an end last week, nearly 200 influential people banded together to urge action from the United States Department of Agriculture.
Read More
IMAG2833.jpg

Solve Conflicts Through Understanding

Farrier and vet share tips to build a rapport with clients and help their horses
Conflict is part and parcel of operating a farrier practice. Yet, how you handle dissention will go a long way toward not only determining how successful you’ll be, but also how well you understand your client’s point of view — and by extension, your ability to educate them about hoof care.
Read More
Open_Tax_0916.jpg

Avoid Penalties By Staying Aware Of Sales Tax Laws

State and municipal regulations on charging sales tax can change with little notice and affect your business operations
I recently was reminded how things in the business world can change without much notice. I took my trusty old truck in for some service. When I dropped it off, my mechanic said that he had some bad news. Now, that’s scary when he hasn’t even looked at the truck! The bad news was that North Carolina had expanded its sales tax laws to include labor charges related to repairs, maintenance and installation of a number of products.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings